COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Update
Learn more about BBYO’s coronavirus preparedness and response
Updated May 12, 2022
With the continued loosening of public health restrictions, we are excited to communicate the following updated protocols for BBYO programming, effective May 15th:
- Masks are encouraged for indoor programming, except when actively eating or drinking.
- Hand washing and sanitizers will be available at all programs.
- Participants attending overnight programs, or any non-overnight indoor program with over 150 people in attendance, must have received the full series of an approved COVID-19 vaccine or a combination of accepted vaccines at least 14 days prior to the program.
- Parents who are hosting a BBYO event in their home must be vaccinated and sign off on the host vaccine form.
If your teen has a special circumstance regarding their vaccination status, please communicate this through our medical exemption form. All requests will be reviewed by BBYO’s medical advisors.
As a youth-serving organization, BBYO’s top priority is the safety, health and well-being of our teens, professionals, volunteers, and community. With the overwhelming support and interest for enriching and fun programs for teens, we are deeply committed to providing safe and meaningful experiences for teens – and having a blast together doing it!
Help Reduce the Spread of COVID-19
The Public Health Agency of Canada advises all Canadians to take steps to reduce the spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19):
- Follow the advice of your local public health authority
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Try not to touch your eyes, nose or mouth
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick and practice physical distancing
- Cough and sneeze into your sleeve and not your hands
Symptoms of COVID-19 can:
- Take up to 14 days to appear after exposure to the virus
- Be very mild or more serious
- Vary from person to person
If you have symptoms:
- Isolate at home to avoid spreading illness to others.
- Avoid visits with older adults, or those with medical conditions. They are at higher risk of developing serious illness.
- Call ahead before you visit a health care professional or call your local public health authority.
- If your symptoms get worse, contact your health care provider or public health authority right away, and follow their instructions.
For more information on COVID-19, visit Canada.ca/coronavirus or contact 1-833-784-4397.
If you have any specific questions or concerns, please contact BBYO Ontario at 416.398.2004 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
BBYO Ontario – Toronto
4588 Bathurst St #1-22
Toronto, ON M2R 1W6
BBYO Ontario – Vaughan
9600 Bathurst St #2104
Vaughan, ON L6A 3Z8