COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Update
Learn more about BBYO’s coronavirus preparedness and response
Updated September 9, 2022
The following protocols are in place for all BBYO programming:
- Hand washing and sanitizers will be available at all programs.
- Masks are encouraged, but not required, for indoor programming. BBYO reserves the right to adjust its masking policy should there be an outbreak in a specific community, or mandates introduced by local, state/provincial or federal authorities. We encourage all participants to respect the individual choices made by other participants as it relates to masking.
Participants, staff, volunteers, and guests attending any overnight program must have received the full series of an approved COVID-19 vaccine or a combination of accepted vaccines at least 14 days prior to the program. The following vaccines are recognized by BBYO – Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson and Johnson, AstraZeneca, and Novavax. Everyone is encouraged, but not required, to receive a booster.
Prior to attending an overnight program at the regional or international level, all participants, staff, volunteers, guests are required to provide documentation (a photo is acceptable) of a negative rapid/antigen test taken within 24 hours of travel. Home tests will be accepted for regional programs. Lab-certified tests will be required for international programs.
Participants who have contracted COVID-19 will be eligible to attend non-overnight programs with a mask after 5 days of quarantine. To take part in programs without a mask or to participate in overnight programs, participants must wait a minimum of 10 days post-positive test and provide a negative rapid/antigen test. At-home tests are accepted.
- Parents who are hosting a BBYO event in their home must be vaccinated and sign off on the host vaccine form.
Exceptions to these requirements may be made on an individual basis upon review by BBYO’s medical committee and must be submitted at least 14 days before the program. If your teen has a special circumstance regarding their vaccination status, please communicate this through our medical exemption form. All requests will be reviewed by BBYO’s medical advisors. BBYO reserves the right to adjust these policies at any point.
As a youth-serving organization, BBYO’s top priority is the safety, health and well-being of our teens, professionals, volunteers, and community. With the overwhelming support and interest for enriching and fun programs for teens, we are deeply committed to providing safe and meaningful experiences for teens – and having a blast together doing it!
Help Reduce the Spread of COVID-19
The Public Health Agency of Canada advises all Canadians to take steps to reduce the spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19):
- Follow the advice of your local public health authority
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Try not to touch your eyes, nose or mouth
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick and practice physical distancing
- Cough and sneeze into your sleeve and not your hands
Symptoms of COVID-19 can vary:
Some of the more commonly reported symptoms include:
- sore throat
- runny nose
- new or worsening cough
- shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- temperature equal to or more than 38°C
- feeling feverish
- fatigue or weakness
- muscle or body aches
- new loss of smell or taste
- abdominal pain, diarrhea and vomiting
- feeling very unwell
If you don’t feel well or if you have any symptoms, even if mild, assume you may have COVID-19. Immediately isolate at home and away from others. Check with your local public health authority for more advice, including where and how to get tested if recommended.
For more information on COVID-19, visit Canada.ca/coronavirus or contact 1-833-784-4397.
If you have any specific questions or concerns, please contact BBYO Ontario at 416.398.2004 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
BBYO Ontario – Toronto
4588 Bathurst St #122
Toronto, ON M2R 1W6
BBYO Ontario – Vaughan
9600 Bathurst St #2104
Vaughan, ON L6A 3Z8