Do you want to make a big impact on your community? Do you dream of being in a job that enables you to implement change and innovation? If so, this is your chance to make that dream come alive! BBYO Ontario is looking for awesome talent to join our team as a Regional Director.
Regional Directors play a key role in the success of our organization by working closely with teens, the community and other BBYO staff to strengthen and grow our movement locally. This is your chance to make an impact in the community by engaging and inspiring Jewish teens to do great things.
You love working with teens. You’re strategic, quick on your feet and like your job to change every day. You’re not the kind of person who wants to sit behind a desk. You have an infectious personality and love getting others to join you in changing the world. You're a problem solver and you're good at juggling multiple priorities at once while keeping a focus on all-star customer service.
We’re a global network of passionate professionals excited to make a difference in the lives of Jewish teens. We are the Jewish community’s largest and fastest growing pluralistic platform for reaching and inspiring Jewish teens during the school year with over 600 teen-led chapters across North America and 100 weekend retreats, along with a plethora of summer experiences including Israel visits, global travel programs and leadership camps. We work as a strong and inclusive team and each day is different by design. We are fast-paced, high energy and metrics driven. We are constantly innovating and developing new programs and offerings for teens, their parents and the local community.
What You’ll Get to Do as a Regional Director:
- Lead a team as you work with teens to create impactful, fun and dynamic programs including large scale community projects and two to three overnight conventions each year.
- Work directly with teens to manage a recruitment process that expands the pipeline of prospects, aligns stakeholders, and prepares teens to invite other teens to join BBYO.
- Build partnerships and networks in the community.
- Develop and manage program budgets and calendars across multiple communities.
- Empower and inspire staff, teens, volunteers and advisors through your mentorship, coaching and training.
- Seek out and develop relationships with parents, alumni and community partners to mobilize more people to grow BBYO, and drive metrics.
- Participate in organizational projects, teams, and summer programs as assigned to expand the movement and strengthen teen leadership.
- Attend summer camp (but this time you’re in charge!) as you lead teen leadership programs.
- Assist with fundraising efforts and relationship building across multiple communities.
What You’ll Learn as a Regional Director:
- How to run a small business as you develop skills in budgeting, membership, marketing, sales, HR and event planning.
- How to manage budgets and track and analyze business metrics to drive decision making.
- Global thinking as you work with an international team across organizational and geographical boundaries.
- Relationship building as you network with and travel to other BBYO communities.
- Supervisory skills as you manage a team of volunteers and others.
- Influence and leadership acumen as you inspire others to action.
- 2-5 years of work experience.
- A bachelor's degree.
- Experience working with youth or teens is preferred.
- Experience leading teams or projects is preferred.
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours subject to business requirements.
- Ability to travel as needed throughout North America, and to staff a summer leadership program at a location in the U.S. for 2-3 weeks each summer.
- A valid driver’s licence and vehicle.
We provide generous vacation time and sick time plus paid secular holidays, personal days and paid time off to volunteer. And, we also close for most of the Jewish holidays. We provide excellent opportunities for professional development. We maintain a flexible work environment and promote work life blend.
To apply please submit a resume and cover letter with salary expectation to Kevin Goodman, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in any aspect of the selection process.